Due to a high demand for overnight accommodations at Brooks, we operate a random lottery system for the opportunity to book a room at Brooks Lodge.
The application period for the 2024 Brooks Lodge Lottery is closed. However, select cabins are still available during the month of June in 2023, as well as day trips to Brooks from Anchorage throughout the 2023 season.
2024 Lottery Rules and Guidelines
- Applications will be available online from December 1st, 2022 through December 31st, 2022, and may be submitted via our website.
- Each person may submit only 1(ONE) application. Duplicate applications will be disregarded. The name that the application is submitted under MUST be traveling on the reservation. Reservations may not be given or transferred to another person or party.
- All applications have equal chance by random drawing.
- All entries must be RECEIVED by 5:00 PM Alaska Standard Time on December 31st, 2022.
- All entrants will be contacted by January 31st, 2023 after the lottery drawing has been conducted with either their date to stay at Brooks Lodge, or with their place on the wait list. Entrants are contacted in order that their number is drawn, so you may be contacted any time between January 3rd and January 31st, 2023.
- Reservations will be made based ONLY on the information received on your application. Tip: The more flexible you are with the dates requested, the higher chance of receiving a reservation!
- Please enter at least one specific date that is your most preferred as your first choice, then as many additional choices as possible in order of preference (specific dates and/or date ranges).
- If you are selected to receive a reservation in the lottery, you will be emailed your reservation information by January 31st, 2023 and a 50% deposit based on 2023 rates will be due within 7 days. Final payments are due 90 days prior to your reservation date. Any rate increase for 2024 will be added to final payment. All cancellation policies apply regardless of rate increase.
- Once any payment is made, there is no refund unless rooms are resold. Cancellation fees apply. Please view our cancellation policy on our website.
Group Size Limits
- Requests for any specific room or room type are not accepted. If someone checks out of one or more of the individual cabins on the date you are arriving, they will be assigned to whomever was drawn first in the lottery. There are no exceptions.
- If one or more nights of your stay falls during July or September, THREE nights is the maximum stay allowed. (For example, if your stay is June 29, 30 and July 1, three nights is the maximum stay allowed). This includes non-consecutive and/or multiple trips.
- Each party may only win ONE July or September date in the lottery. Duplicate reservations will be cancelled if one or more names are found to be the same on more than one booking, even after any deposit or final payment has been made. You will receive a refund if the room is resold. All cancellation policies apply.
Brooks Lodge Room Policies
- 4 persons maximum per room. Each room has 2 sets of twin bunk beds.
- 5 rooms is the maximum allowed for any 1 party/application. Maximum party size is 20 persons.
- 2 rooms is the MAXIMUM allowed for double occupancy in any party. Parties requesting more than 2 rooms MUST have a MINIMUM of 3 persons per room.
- Groups less than 4 / 1 room maximum per group/company
- Groups of 4-8 / 2 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 9-11 / 3 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 12-14 / 4 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 15-20 / 5 rooms maximum per group/company
How The Lottery Is Conducted
- Once the lottery entry period has closed, any duplicate entries will be deleted, then each remaining unique entry will be assigned a number based on the order it was received.
- We will conduct a random number drawing using random number generator.
- When we come to your number, we will check to see if any date that you have noted on your form is available starting with your first choice followed by any subsequent choices listed.
- If none of your dates are available (or if there are fewer rooms left as what you have requested on your form), you will be placed on the wait list in the order that your number was drawn.
- Once all peak dates have been filled (approx. June 25 – August 5 and August 25 – closing), we will begin notifying entrants, in groups of 50, of the dates which are still available. Those entrants may then call or email to request an available June or August date if they so choose. Otherwise, they will be added to the wait list.
- Anyone who does not receive space during their requested time period will be put on a wait list in the order that their number is drawn and notified by February 1st, 2023 of their number on the wait list. If space becomes available, we will email you and you will have 24 hours to confirm the reservation. The wait list will be maintained through April 15th, 2024.
- Any dates / rooms still available once all applications in the lottery have been drawn and processed will be open to the public for regular reservations by phone or email starting February 1st, 2023. All July dates and September dates typically fill during the lottery drawing, but some June and August dates may still be available.
- Reservations will be made only on the information received on your application. You will not be contacted to find out if you will take fewer nights, fewer rooms, or different dates than what you have submitted. Remember, the more flexible you are with the dates, the higher chance of receiving a reservation! Good luck!