Due to a high demand for overnight accommodations at Brooks, we operate a random lottery system for the opportunity to book a room at Brooks Lodge.
The 2023 Brooks Lodge Lottery entry period is now closed. However, overnight trips at our sister lodge, Kulik Lodge (with day tour options to Brooks), are still available for the 2022 season.
Day trips to Brooks from Anchorage or King Salmon are also still available for the 2022 season through our sister air service, Katmai Air. If you have any questions, contact our reservation team.
2023 Lottery Rules and Guidelines
- Applications will be available online from December 1st, 2021 through December 31st, 2021, and may be submitted via our website.
- Each person may submit only 1(ONE) application. Duplicate applications will be disregarded. The name that the application is submitted under MUST be traveling on the reservation. Reservations may not be given to another person or party.
- All applications have equal chance by random drawing.
- All entries must be RECEIVED by 5:00 PM Alaska Standard Time on December 31st, 2021.
- When your application is received, you will receive an email in return within 3 days with your number in the lottery.
- All entrants will be contacted by February 4th, 2022 after the lottery drawing has been conducted with either their date to stay at Brooks Lodge, or with their place on the wait list. Entrants are contacted as their number is drawn so you may be contacted any time between January 1st and February 4th, 2022, depending on when your number is drawn during the lottery process.
- Anyone who does not receive space during their requested time period will be put on a wait list in the order that their number is drawn and notified by February 4th, 2022 of their number on the wait list. If space becomes available, we will email you and you will have 24 hours to confirm the reservation. The wait list will be maintained through April 15th, 2022.
- Any dates / rooms still available once all applications in the lottery have been drawn and processed will be open to the public for regular reservations by phone or email starting February 7th, 2022. All July dates and September dates typically fill during the lottery drawing.
- We will make reservations based only on the information received on your application. We will not guess if you will take fewer nights or different dates than what you have submitted. More flexibility = higher chance of receiving a reservation.
- Please enter at least one specific date that is your most preferred, and as many of the additional choices are possible(specific dates and/or date ranges).
- If you receive a reservation in the lottery, you will be emailed your reservation information by February 4th, 2022 and a 50% deposit based on 2022 rates will be due within 7 days. Final payments are due 90 days before your reservation date. Any rate increase for 2023 will be added to final payment. All cancellation policies apply regardless of rate increase.
- Once any payment is made, there is no refund unless rooms are resold. Please view our cancellation policy on our website.
Group Size and Room Limits
- We do not accept requests for any specific room or room type. If someone checks out of one or more of the individual cabins on the date you are arriving, they will go to whomever was drawn first in the lottery. There are no exceptions.
- If one or more nights of your stay falls during July, THREE nights is the maximum stay allowed. (If your stay is June 29, 30 and July 1, three nights is the maximum stay allowed). You may not stay three nights (for example) July 2, 3, 4 and also stay another date later in July.
- Each party may only win ONE July date in the lottery. Duplicate reservations will be cancelled if 1 or more names are found to be the same on more than one booking, even after any deposit or final payment has been made. You will receive a refund if the room is resold. All cancellation policies apply.
- 5 rooms is the MAXIMUM allowed for any 1 party/application. MAXIMUM party size is 20 persons.
- 2 rooms is the MAXIMUM allowed for double occupancy in any party. Parties requesting more than 2 rooms MUST have a MINIMUM of 3 persons per room.
Brooks Lodge Room Policies
- Groups less than 4 / 1 room maximum per group/company
- Groups of 4-8 / 2 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 9-11 / 3 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 12-14 / 4 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 15-20 / 5 rooms maximum per group/company