The application period for the 2022 Brooks Lodge Lottery is now closed. However, we do still have rooms available for select dates during the 2021 season, as well overnight accommodations with Brooks day trip options through our sister operations, Grosvenor Lodge and Kulik Lodge. For more information, get in touch with our reservation team by clicking right here.
Search Results for: Brooks Lodge
Due to a high demand for overnight accommodations at Brooks, we operate a random lottery system for the opportunity to book a room at Brooks Lodge.
The application period for the 2022 Brooks Lodge Lottery has ended. However, we do still have rooms available for select dates during the 2021 season, as well overnight accommodations with Brooks day trip options through our sister operations, Grosvenor Lodge and Kulik Lodge. For more information, get in touch with our reservation team by clicking right here.
2022 Lottery Rules and Guidelines
- Applications will be available online from December 1, 2020 thru January 5, 2021, and may be submitted via our website.
- Each person may submit only 1(ONE) application. Duplicate applications will be disregarded. The name that the application is submitted under MUST be traveling on the reservation. Reservations may not be given to another person or party.
- All applications have equal chance by random drawing.
- All entries must be RECEIVED by 11:59PM Alaska Standard Time on January 5, 2021.
- When your application is received, you will receive an email in return within 3 days with your number in the lottery.
- All entrants will be contacted by February 5, 2021 after the lottery drawing has been conducted with either their date to stay at Brooks Lodge, or with their place on the wait list. Entrants are contacted as their number is drawn so you may be contacted any time between January 6 and February 5, depending on when your number is drawn during the lottery process.
- Anyone who does not receive space during their requested time period will be put on a wait list in the order that their number is drawn and notified by February 3, 2021 of their number on the wait list. If space becomes available, we will email you and you will have 24 hours to confirm the reservation. The wait list will be maintained through April 15, 2021.
- Any dates / rooms still available once all applications in the lottery have been drawn and processed will be open to the public for regular reservations by phone or email starting February 8, 2021. All July dates and September dates typically fill during the lottery drawing.
- We will make reservations based only on the information received on your application. We will not guess if you will take fewer nights or different dates than what you have submitted. More flexibility = higher chance of receiving a reservation.
- Please enter at least one specific date that is your most preferred, and as many of the additional choices are possible(specific dates and/or date ranges).
- If you receive a reservation in the lottery, you will be emailed your reservation information by February 5, 2021 and a 50% deposit based on 2021 rates will be due within 7 days. Final payments are due 90 days before your reservation date. Any rate increase for 2022 will be added to final payment. All cancellation policies apply regardless of rate increase.
- Once any payment is made, there is no refund unless rooms are resold. Please view our cancellation policy on our website.
Group Size and Room Limits
- We do not accept requests for any specific room or room type. If someone checks out of one or more of the individual cabins on the date you are arriving, they will go to whomever was drawn first in the lottery. There are no exceptions.
- If one or more nights of your stay falls during July, THREE nights is the maximum stay allowed. (If your stay is June 29, 30 and July 1, three nights is the maximum stay allowed). You may not stay three nights (for example) July 2, 3, 4 and also stay another date later in July.
- Each party may only win ONE July date in the lottery. Duplicate reservations will be cancelled if 1 or more names are found to be the same on more than one booking, even after any deposit or final payment has been made. You will receive a refund if the room is resold. All cancellation policies apply.
- 5 rooms is the MAXIMUM allowed for any 1 party/application. MAXIMUM party size is 20 persons.
- 2 rooms is the MAXIMUM allowed for double occupancy in any party. Parties requesting more than 2 rooms MUST have a MINIMUM of 3 persons per room.
Brooks Lodge Room Policies
- Groups less than 4 / 1 room maximum per group/company
- Groups of 4-8 / 2 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 9-11 / 3 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 12-14 / 4 rooms maximum per group/company
- Groups of 15-20 / 5 rooms maximum per group/company
In the midst of the Katmai Wilderness, Brooks Lodge overlooks the World Famous Brooks River in the heart of Katmai National Park. Originally conceived as a fishing camp, the lodge has been in operation since 1950.
The facilities have seen continuous upgrading and have since gained a world-wide reputation, attracting visitors from all continents. Bear viewing at Brooks Falls is only a short walk away.
The beautiful main lodge building boasts a spectacular view of the aquamarine Naknek Lake. Its large circular fireplace is popular for evening relaxing and reminiscing about the day’s adventures. Hearty Alaska fare is served three times a day buffet style in the dining area of the lodge. Cocktails are available for purchase at the lodge bar each afternoon and evening.
Guest accommodations consist of sixteen modern rooms all with modern private facilities. All rooms have the same interior layout with 2 sets of bunk beds that sleep up to 4 guests.
The World Famous bear viewing at Brooks Falls is only a short walk from the Lodge. As many as fifty bears live along the mile and a half long Brooks River during the height of the salmon season. Many visitors see bears within minutes of arrival and all visitors are instructed by the National Park Service on how to conduct themselves in “Bear Country.”
Superb sport fishing is available adjacent to the lodge on the Brooks River and on the Brooks and Naknek Lakes. The Brooks River is fly fishing only. Our fishing program is best suited for independent minded fly fishermen who want to experience the great sport fishing of the Katmai area without the expense of a fully guided fishing lodge. Including fly outs in your stay can also provide the means to fish other hot spots and allow you to take advantage of the variety of species of fish available in southwest Alaska.
At Brooks Lodge you are also just 22 miles from the volcanic “Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes.” The Valley is the sight of one of the most violent volcanic eruptions in modern history – the eruption of Novarupta. In 1912, the Novarupta Volcano exploded with blasts of hot winds and gas which spewed hot glowing pumice and ash, destroying all living things and burying more than 40 square miles of lush green valley under ash deposits to depths of 700 feet. Sightseers the world over have been flocking to the area since to witness the incredible landscape created by the event. Bus and float plane tours of the “Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes” depart from Brooks Lodge daily.
Comfortable accommodations in the heart of the magnificent Katmai wilderness make this a truly unique vacation spot.
Ready to start planning your adventure? Check out our most popular activities and visitor services for information on how to customize your trip .
Starting August 10th, we’re excited to announce that Brooks Lodge will be open for overnight guests, and we still have some space available!
“But, haven’t you been open?” You might be asking yourself. Yes, although we have been providing services for day use since the Brooks Camp Developed Area opened up to the public on July 1st, we had to postpone our overnight accommodations due to logistical challenges created by COVID-19.
However, we will be opening the lodge to overnight guests starting on August 10th and our staff couldn’t be more excited.
For the safety of our guests and staff, some visitor services will be modified in an attempt to minimize the spread of COVID-19. This includes assigned meal times to adhere to social distancing recommendations while eating/drinking along with limited time allowed in the main lodge, viewing platforms, and other high traffic areas. Guests will also be encouraged to wear makes inside public buildings when not eating/drinking as well.
Plus, in an attempt to provide a safe but memorable experience, we will be limiting our lodging capacity to only 10 rooms. The upside? Those joining us this year can look forward to less crowds than ever before!
Sound good to you? We still have rooms available in August and September. Get in touch to start planning your trip today.
Those who have joined us at Brooks Lodge are sure to recognize the name, Aaron Scott, our jack-of-all-trades manager at Brooks Lodge. Well, Aaron has decided to step away from his duties at Brooks to spend more time with his blooming family, and he put together a little write up for everyone that has joined us during his time at Brooks Lodge.
Thanks for everything, Aaron. We’ll miss you!
Farewell from Brooks Lodge’s Aaron Scott
I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope you have had a rewarding year and I wish you and your family a peaceful and relaxing Holiday Season.
After 18 years working for Brooks Lodge and Katmai Air, I have decided to step away. Brooks Lodge and Katmai National Park will always be a special place to me. I have memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. I met my wife there and because of that, I have two wonderful children. It has been a difficult decision but it is time for me to give more time to my family. I would like to thank the staff that I worked with over the years. They have truly made Brooks a special place for me and I certainly hope they have made it special for you.
I would like to thank all of our guests for the support you have given me over the years. You are part of the Brooks Lodge Family and will always be remembered.
Hearty Alaska fare is served buffet style each day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the lodge dining area. Cocktails are also available for purchase at the lodge bar each afternoon and evening.
Meals can be purchased either ahead of time or on-site during your stay at Brooks.
Meals can be purchased either ahead of time or on-site during your stay at Brooks.
2021 Meal Pricing
|Breakfast||Adult: $17.00||Child: $12.00*|
|Lunch||Adult: $24.00||Child: $15.00*|
|Dinner||Adult: $40.00||Child: $23.00*|
*Child Prices based on ages 2-11 years of age
Katmailand, Inc. is authorized within Katmai National Park and Preserve to provide food and beverage services.
Need some assistance? Drop us a line to start planning your trip to Brooks.